Keller Hawkins, Chaplain Resident & Coordinator of Community Engagement

no comments
20 Sep 2018

Education: BA in Religion, Whitman College / Master of Divinity, Vanderbilt Divinity School

What are your goals for student life this year?  My goal is to work with students to help facilitate our engagement with our Fulton community with compassion, intention, and deep care for our neighbors and the land that surrounds us. I also hope to connect students who might not know each other well to nurture unexpected friendships and foster dialogue even in the midst of difference.

What piece of advice would you give students to get the most out of campus life? You’ll want to do everything, but my advice is to pick a couple things and invest your time and energy into that community and cause. Quality over quantity.

What are your goals at Westminster? My short term goals include getting to know as many students, faculty, and staff as I can. My long term goals include strengthening the relationship between the town and the school with community engagement

opportunities.

Do you have a favorite quote?  “I believe that unarmed truth and unconditional love will have the final word in reality.”  – Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

How did you find your purpose?   It has been a long journey, full of questions and doubts and sparks of clarity, all the while encouraged and guided by the many mentors I have had along the way. It has involved risk, failure, surprise, and success. In most ways, it’s a journey that I’m still on. I’m not sure we simply ‘arrive’ at our purpose; I think it’s something we continually live into.

What do you like to do in your free time? Anything active! Walking, throwing around a Frisbee, swimming, boxing, yoga.

Categories: