Lane Hume, Regional Admissions Counselor

no comments
27 Sep 2018

Lane Hume Bio

Education: BA in Anthropology and Philosophy, 2010, Westminster College

What drew you to Westminster? As a student, Westminster provided a fundamental foundation for me to grow intellectually and personally. I met and still maintain friendships with students from all around the world. This global community that fosters inclusion, understanding, and curiosity is what primarily drew me to Westminster and encouraged me to put down roots in the community myself.

What are your goals at Westminster? I hope to continue sharing the Westminster experience with young adults who can, in turn, share their passions and energy with the Westminster community. Providing students the opportunity to make their mark at Westminster is irreplaceable. While students benefit from Westminster, Westminster also grows stronger with every student that passes through The Columns on the way to his or her future.

Do you have a favorite quote? “What matters in life is not whether we receive a round of applause; what matters is whether we have the courage to venture forth despite the uncertainty of acclaim.” — A Gentleman in Moscow by Amor Towles.

What is the one book you think everyone should read? Big Magic: Creative Living Beyond Fear by Elizabeth Gilbert.

What do you like to do in your free time? Spoil my dog, read, travel, write, and volunteer at my local children’s hospital.

Categories: